Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pass the Tylenol

I think a lot. I think about the present and how exhausted I am. I think about how large I am getting and wonder how much more my body can take. I think that I would enjoy a bundt cake. I think that other women are better at this than I am. I wonder why it sometimes seems Heavenly Father requires more of me than I am capable of giving. I wonder why He doesn't give me strength and patience and endurance. Then it occurs to me He is teaching me strength, patience, and endurance. I think I'm a slacker student. I think I need to lie down. I think my girls are very cute. I think they deserve more. I think Heavenly Father must know something I don't know. I think about this new baby. I think about newborn baby smell. I think about little toes. I think about holding her. I think if I can just make it two more months of pregnancy without going insane, maybe everything will be alright. I think if I had more energy. I think if I could lead a more balanced life. I think if I laid off the bundt cake. I think about playing in the backyard with my girls this summer. I think about planting annuals. I think about scrubbing the bathtub and washing the windows. I think about fitting into my clothes again. I think about taking three children to the grocery store. I think not. I think about how lucky I am to be a mother. I think about how overwhelming it is to be a mother. I think about how quickly time goes by. I think about how far I've come and how far I have to go. I think I need to slow down and take it one day at a time. I think too much.

11 comments:

Wayneman said...

It's a genetic curse, Di.

Mom would say it is because we're all geniuses.

... Not so much.

In the words of one idiot savant, Morrissey (Andy's personal favorite):

"Won't somebody stop me... from thinking all the time... about everything... oh somebody... from thinking all the time..."

He also crooned this profundity: "the sun shines out our behinds..."

Words to live by.

Annalisa said...

thinking is good. but yah, that's way too much thinking goig on sometimes...although i'm not one to talk, i was up at 3am thinking about what to do as sole breadwinner for our family, lack of ambition to do anything related to chores on my day off on friday, blah blah blah...i read a quote from pres. uchtdorf saying that the world might have us look inward and take a time out for ourselves to become better, but his solution and the Lord's solution is look outward...start small, create something simple like a smile...and true happiness comes from helping others...i think you're getting there and well on your way to creating something wonderful. smiles to you. like 60 more days and you'll have another little smile created to help and serve and love.

Shanana said...

Wow. You are SOOOOOOOOO related to Wayne!

Erika W said...

What a coincidence! I'm thinking about bundt cakes, too! Glad I'm not the only one hooked on those fab cakes!

I'm also thinking of my post-baby muffin top. Not my favorite of all the baked goods, disgusting muffin tops!

Di said...

No, muffin tops are right out.

LOL Broseph. Morrissey has a way with words.

Angie said...

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Angie said...

Just kidding. I often think about how my family thinks too much and that leads me to think that maybe I should think more...but then my brain goes numb.

I love lamp.

Shanana said...

Angie, you crack me up!

Chrystal said...

My head hurts...make it stop!!

Kelly said...

I used to think too much, too. I take a pill for that.

Mommalynne said...

I take a pill for that too, Kel. It helps!
It does run in the family.
What can I say? I didn't invent thinking too much, I just did it, always, since I can remember.

But now that I am older, my thoughts are so much more comforting. I know how long things last and that they'll all get better, someday. And that someday actually comes. Life is good, and hard, and so worth it.
Try to enjoy your youth. Worry is just NOT WORTH your time.

God is in charge of the universe, you don't have to be worried about it. Just take care of your own little tiny bit of it and do your best. Leave the rest to Him. A little piece of information your dear daddy never could believe.

I love you, all of you over-thinking, over-worrying kids of mine, Take a page from your sister Angie's book. Only worry when you're going to have to move in a month!