Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Resolutions

Six days into the new year, I have just completed my list of resolutions which have nothing to do with the above picture. Number One: stop procrastinating the making of this year's resolutions. Done and done. Wow, I already feel a satisfied sense of accomplishment. Number Two: Stop using sarcasm to mask my childlike vulnerabilities. Check. Question: Why would Disney make a children's movie about a beloved family dog who acquires rabies while protecting said family and then has to be shot and die? Uncool Disney, uncool. Number Three: Childlike vulnerabilities too painful, revert back to sarcasm. Number Four: Eat more fiber. Number Five: Be more proactive, less deactive. Number Six: Have a baby. Number Seven: Lose pregnancy weight so people will stop confusing me with Drew Carey. No I don't know who's line it is. Number eight: Try Sushi. Number nine: Find ways to keep from freaking out. SERENITY NOW! Number ten: Be in bed by eleven. Except on book club night. Or if we have friends over. Or if its Friday night. Or Saturday night. Or if we're having a 24 marathon. Otherwise its nighty-NIGHT! Numbers eleven through fifteen: Read scriptures daily, have more meaningful prayers, enjoy the every day of being a mom, avoid pessimism, and read at least one book a month.

And there you have it. One step at a time towards total domination.

8 comments:

Wayneman said...

Omigosh, you DO look so much like Drew Carey. Maybe Drew and Dwight Schrute's love-child.

Di, if you ditch your sarcasm and childlike vulnerabilities, you can say bye-bye to your humor.

Some of the best humor is born of deep pain. I consider it a constructive defense mechanism.

Wayneman said...

BTW, completely unrelated, but you can't have "Paige". That name is on our short list, if we ever have a girl.

... No, Shana is NOT prego, nor is that our intention at this time.

Meliss said...

Do you have a sense with words! It is a gift my friend.

Wayneman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanana said...

Drew Carey? Di, you look as much like Drew Carey as I look like Merril Streep. And yes, Sushi is a must. Though I don't know if I would recommend your first experience taking place in a state as landlocked as Utah!

Di said...

Thanks Shana, you are very kind.

The funny thing is, that picture of Drew Carey DOES look very similar to my piano teacher, Verna. Am I right Angie?

Mommalynne said...

Love your resolutions, Di-Di. I haven't made mine yet but I need to. You have inspired me.

And, BTW, I have never and will never give birth to anything that looks anything like Drew Carey!! Not that his mother is sorry. She's probably very proud.

Wayneman said...

Mom, I was told I looked like Drew Carey by a middle school kid when I was subbing at 200 lbs.

It was probably what inspired me to get back into shape and drop the 40 pounds I had gained since Dad's death.

So, I say "thank you" to that rude little punk who told it like it was.

There might be something to it.